Sunday 25 March 2018

Strumble Trio

The porpoise were playing hard to get yesterday but not so our birds of prey. As I arrived at the car park I noticed a Kestrel on the hover off toward the lighthouse. A dash to the boot to get the camera out and I managed a quick burst before it dropped out of sight below me. I scrambled over the heather to see if I could find it but no joy. As I turned it moved position and landed on a grassy tuft some 40 metres away and I managed a few more shots before it went on it's way. Next came the unmistakable cry of a Peregrine as I sat watching over the sea which made me turn to see it approaching from the east. A quick spin around and I managed a few shots before it flew off over the fields behind the lookout. Just about to leave and was back at the car when I spotted two Red Kites off in the direction of Tresinwen. A bit distant but I tried a shot anyway and as it turned out it was better than I expected at that distance.